The verdict on the Juvenile verdict in the Delhi Gang Rape case comes asks a fundmental question.If the country as a whole believes people don’t change wonder what the judiciary is really trying to defend here? Its time to rethink about what stand do we take as a person.
Read the full article here
The recent article in CNN about how an American woman got groped,masturbated at, stared and filmed on her visit to India has raked up 800,000 views. The question here is -what perception does it trigger about a first time traveller to India ?
Here is an objective article articulating how to look at the situation in India, what to believe and what to dismiss, a view on things to keep in mind and more importantly what how to have a neutral view of the situation.
Read the full article here
In yet another blow to Bangalore night life,the authorities have declared music to be shut down in pubs by 10PM.
Here are some suggestions for the future :
- Bring back prohibition ! No Alcohol no Crime. Right?
- No one should work beyond sunset or say 6PM. It increases “nefariousness”
- Women should rather be in the kitchen. Afterall cooking is their forte isn’t it?
- Cancel all night shows in movie theaters. Or switch on lights in the movie hall.
- Enforce curfew after 10PM. Why go out in the night at all eh?
- No classical concerts in the night either. Zakir Hussain needs to sleep by 10PM as well.
- No movie shooting after dark. Who wants to see dark movies anyways.?
- Shut airports.(Music plays there too) Night flights are bad for the health.
- Shut hospitals by 9PM. Doctors,of all people, certainly need this welcome break.
- Shut cable TV after 10PM. Who wants to watch MTV after 10PM anyways?
There is a problem and there is a solution. Please Reblog/retweet, re whatever to get this solution to the concerned people. Who know we might see a change in their stand?
You are a rapist. I am a rapist. Yes, you read that right. You know why?
Chances are,that the women you interact with,might think of you as a potential threat.Because the modern age rapist, breaks all stereotypes as far age or looks are concerned.He could just about be anyone, really anyone – you or me. We are in the Rape Age.
We all are a part of a society which is highly stereotypical, we form opinions ,pass judgements and comments based on the most common answer.But there are times when we go horribly wrong with an age old or a popular notion. what happens then? An innocent person is victmised.We dont care about it – until one day that innocent person is you. How do you prove your innocence when you are in a stereotypical environment?
Read it here.