Yup its that time of the year again. Here are some facts that will happen:
- There will be nostalgia.
- That old scotch bottle still has about a peg or two left.
- That old feeling of what you did last year will linger.
- That old photograph where you really looked young.
- There will be yet another birthday.
- Facebook will remind people of your birthday.
- Depending on your age – you may ,or may not look forward to it.
- That awkward moment when an aunt will ask your age in front of a packed audience.
- There will be resolutions.
- There will be a guilty feeling for breaking resolutions last year.
- There will be a momentary urge to re start your life on the right track.
- This urge will last about 3 to 4 weeks tops.
- There will be leftovers.
- losing weight again becomes popular.
- Diet coke and ginger ale are preferred adds on’s to rum and alcohol.
- Temptations on buffets will remain.
- There will be yet another Monday morning.
- Hangover will prevail.
- Office bound traffic will multiply.
- Cold winter will make the bed warmer.
- There will be office.
- School and teachers will be back.So will your journey to these institutions.
- Smiling bosses and colleagues will be back.
- “now that you’re rested,Lets get back into action” type of emails will come.
- There will be bills.
- Rent,Electricity,phone, cable, internet all of it will now surface from those cabinets.
- There will be phone calls and polite HNY greetings.
- Most will use a free service like Whatsapp to send a greeting.
and the list goes on. So what does change this new year for you? Very little. Well in that case why is it such a big deal to brand it as a new year.Afterall its just another incremental number in a logical sequence.Besides different communities have different times for the new year like the Chinese or the Indian’s for example.
Some of you may change a spouse,partner,house,job,geography or even vehicles,however the fact remains,90% of the above will still hold true in some form or the other.and then another year goes by just the same way.And the process repeats itself around same time next year.