Well apart from the “yakeen karo” sequence,most of it was tolerable.!!
Here’s what I liked –
- Stylised slick presentation.
- great background score – tittle track is trance like-very good.
- decent plot
Here’s what I disliked –
- Farhan Akhtar trying to look cool dude – sorry just not his cuppa.
- Deepika misfit for the role – thought she was trying to do a Priyanka there..
- Could’ve been shorter by about 15/20mins.
Here’s what I would ve done differently –
- Edited the Cochin sequence.
- Bosses can’t be that loud – whatever happened to employee harassment?where is HR?
- If you really wanted to show a bullied/frustrated employee think Mask,Bruce Almighty,Falling Down etc..
- In fact Falling Down has classic frustration build up scenes.
- Deepika’s character ultimately is pointless.Remove it.or Shorten it.
- Turnaround was too quick..I’d have done a crawl ,walk run sequencing to that.
- travelling from unbelievable to believable path needed to be a bit more subtle.
- Deepika’s first reaction to farhan’s phone call admission – was pretty flat.I mean you need to be whopping shocked.
- again very flat scenes there- could say creative liberty..but I thought went against the flow of the movie.
overall- good movie- not a great one.
my rating 3/5